Search This Blog
A photograph captures a moment of time. This blog is a collection of random moments covering a time span of 100+ years. I've included other media that I've gathered over the decades.
A photograph captures a moment of time. This blog is a collection of random moments covering a time span of 100+ years. I've included other media that I've gathered over the decades.
The typing class was before my time at Appleton, 1961-1967, but I recall being ejected from typing class the first day when, having just delivered a stern lecture from the teacher about being careful not damage the ancient heavy old manual typewriters, he set it down on the top of one of the desks pictured and it crashed to the floor. You could have heard a pin drop—except for my laugh. Down to Headmaster Maki's office I was sent, who informed that I now had an extra study hall instead of typing class. ;-)
ReplyDeleteOne more memory of youthful trouble I got into at Appleton. In the empty classroom when I was in 7th or 8th grade I was seated in the next to the last desk in the far row next to the window, fiddling with the cord that operated the drapes. The end of the cord was heavy ceramic and when I swung the cord it broke one of the large window panes. I was sent again to Headmaster Maki's office. My punishment? I had to write five hundreds (500) times in a lined notebook, "I will observe proper decorum in the classroom." ;-(
ReplyDeleteMaki must have seen a lot of you
Delete