The day the SCAG died

 September 1, 2020, the day my SKAG died

Smoky SKAG commercial mower

I bought a SKAG 36 inch commercial mower to replace my Exmark 48 inch unit which was destroyed durng the ice storm in 2008. That machine was tough but couldn't survive the pine tree that fell on it. I assumed the SKAG would be as good . I was wrong.

It would flood if left the fuel line open. I was able to start it but in a blue cloud of smoke until it settled down.  However it did run eventually. I used it for several years with just a few maintenance issues which usually involved mice nesting under the flywheel.

September 1st 2020

I was mowing an easy part of the yard when I heard a loud clank. The engine stopped immediately. This is what I saw.

Cracked engine block

It is not a good thing to see a cracked engine block

Cracked engine with view of camshaft

It is not a good thing to see the camshaft through a hole in the engine.

It's Electric

This was it for me, I've gone electric and I'm not going back.

EGO Electric Mower


Comments

Popular Posts