Halloween Nor'easter - 2011
A photo was posted on the Facebook page Life in New Ipswich that reminded me that five years ago we got a trick and not a treat for Halloween. A Halloween Nor'easter dumped 16 inches of snow on New Ipswich, Since the trees still had foliage and the ground was still unfrozen, a lot of trees uprooted and we had extensive power outages. We haven't had a repeat since. Here is a look back.
![]() |
| The snow started October 27, 2011. Notice that the leaves were still on the trees. The snow continued and continued |
![]() |
| It was beautiful after it stopped. This is Smitthville Reservoir. |
![]() |
| After the snow, we did get some warm days, however in October we knew it wouldn't last. |
![]() |
| I had stored a generator at my Mom's house in New Boston. I drove it back in the height of the storm. It was a disaster of poor planning and last ditch efforts. |
![]() |
| We got a lot of snow. I had 15 inches but other folks had more. |
![]() |
| As far as I'm concerned it can start snowing some time in January. |








Comments
Post a Comment