Happy Campers
Happy Labor Day, as a tribute to the unofficial end of summer, I have gathered some photos of summer camping.
![]() |
| My Aunt Adeline strikes a pose for the camera. The Poltrack women attended some type of summer camp in the 1930s, |
![]() |
| I believe this is my Aunt Helen at the same camp. Thie physical photo was captioned "Ah Shucks". Why is she holding a banana and a copy of "Black Jack"? |
![]() |
| Emily at Nickerson State Park (area 6 of course). A wonderful camp ground on Cape Cod. We always manged to have at least one torrential downpour during the week. |
![]() |
| Ginny cooks up some bacon and eggs which for some reason taste better when you are outdoors. |
![]() |
| Camping on Dillon Beach in California. We simply set up a tent and moved in for the night. |
![]() |
| At Nickerson, Jesse would arrive just as the bacon was cooked. |
![]() |
| Check out the hair and denim, what was I thinking?I think I still have that shirt. |
![]() |
| My Aunt Marjorie camping in Truro on Cape Cod. This is one of my favorite photos of her. |
![]() |
| My sister Susan opts for a breakfast of gruel, whereas I prefer bacon and eggs |












Comments
Post a Comment