Saturday, February 11, 2017

Squirrel Resistant Feeder (Green Center Special)


Support this blog by using this Amazon Link


I've spent decades trying to keep squirrels off my bird feeders with little success. I've a had a variety of squirrel-proof feeders with little success including the one that would spin them around. That one would go haywire and spin wildly at random times. One of my feeders had a cantilevered perch and when I opened the top to add more seed a chipmunk jumped out. Eventually a bear ate it. I wired up my feeders to a fence charger which was successful until the squirrels started wearing little rubber boots.

I found this birdfeeder at the Green Center recycle center in New Ipswich and I can honestly say that that it highly effective. I don't believe any feeder can be 100% squirrel proof, but this one is great. I'm not sure if it will accommodate multiple heavier birds. It is well worth the zero cost.

I'll keep trying until I succeed

Maybe I can remove the top