Support this blog by using this Amazon Link
Dr. Stillman Gibson lived in Ashby, Ma. until 1812, when he came to New Ipswich, living upon the Deacon Chandler farm. His later years were largely devoted to other duties than those of a farmer. From the treatment of diseases of domestic animals, in which he had been exceptionally successful, he past to those of his fellows, and gained such a reputation, especially in chronic ailments, that the number of patients coming from a distance caused his name to be placed upon many guideboards in the surrounding region.
Dr. Gibson was the son of Stephen Gibson Jr. and Rebecca Puffer, born Aug 22, 1781 and died September 4, 1864 - Source Find-A-Grave
|Residence of Dr. Stillman Gibson 1850|
|Early photograph showing Dr. Stillman Gibson's farm|
More historic photos available on the New Ipswich Historical Society website
Also on their Facebook page