Sunday, November 6, 2016

West Coast Village Life - Group Photos


Support this blog by using this Amazon Link


Group photos taken in fishing villages on the west coast of Vancouver Island, probably in the early 1950s. 

My wife (left) with her mom and siblings. 

It must have been a chilly day

My wife's mom. When I asked what her name was, my wife replied "I just called her Mom". My wife was one of the many children that were sent to the Residential Schools where they were forbidden to speak their language or practice their culture. As a result she was separated from her parents and missed out really knowing them. I visited one of the schools she attended in 1974 and posted a few photos and background information which can be found by clicking on this link.

This photo reminds me of ones of my own family when we try to organize them. Everyone is doing their own thing.

These children display all the emotions.

One of my favorites, my wife (with dog), her sister and mom on the Pier at Ceepeecee.