Odiorne Point Apple Tree (in infrared)

In July of 2014 we took a trip to Odiorne Point State Park in Rye, NH.
I took my old Olympus E-PL1 which I had converted to take infrared photos.
On every visit to the park, I always make the effort to visit a wonderfully shaped apple tree.

I liked the way it came out in infrared and have uploaded this shot to 500px which is a wonderful site for photographs. Click on the link to view in full resolution.

I had the camera converted by LifePixel. The process involves replacing the existing filter with one that is equivalent to a Hoya R72 Filter/Kodak Wratten 89b Filter/720nm Filter.

The difference is that the image can be viewed on the LCD screen or with a EVF. Exposure times and lens settings are normal. Use of those external filters would require long exposure times and the use of a tripod.

This shot was taken at 1/1000 sec at f/4.0

Photograph By the sea by John Poltrack on 500px


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look What I Saw at the Dump

National Housing Emergency, 1946-1947

The Samuel Tarbell-Ames House