Gnarled Tree

Photograph Gnarled by John Poltrack on 500px


What is the optimal file size for a digital photo for uploading to a web page? Most of the time I scale photos to 2048 pixels on the longest side, in that way Google will store them without charge, larger files will affect a storage quota which is a generous 15GB, exceed that and there is a slight fee.

I do upload some photos at full resolution to 500px, a site which features excellent photography. They have provided a way for photographers to offer their work for sale. I've tried other venues for display but I think they do the best job of making the photos look great on the screen.

This is one of my photos on 500px, a wonderful gnarled tree at Odiorne State Park in Rye, NH. This is an HDR shot of three exposures, 2 stops apart.

I've made some changes to this blog and have adopted a new template which I believe does a better job for photos, Hope you like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look What I Saw at the Dump

National Housing Emergency, 1946-1947

The Samuel Tarbell-Ames House