Monday, December 16, 2013

Daily Analog Photo - Merritt Parkway Exit 47

Google view of the bridge at Exit 47
I received my first "real" camera for Christmas in 1961. I believe it was an Ansco which had some rudimentary controls including a bulb setting for time exposures. The photos of the 1964-65 World's Fair that I have previously posted were taken using that camera. The camera used a large format film and I shot using slide film. The slides are difficult to scan because most scanners assume a 35mm aspect ratio. In a subsequent visit to the World's Fair I left the camera behind on a seat at an exhibit. I realized my mistake but the camera was gone.



Exit 47 on the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut
Taken early 1960s
The original shot was square, I have cropped this to match the light trails

I risked my life for this? the folly of youth