Sunday, November 24, 2013

Daily Analog Photo - China 1985

More scanned photos from 1985. These were probably taken in (or nearby) Wuhan, the capital of Hubei Province.

If I had to take this shot again, I would have done it in landscape mode
The tree on the left should have been completely in the shot, it would have framed it nicely

When I arrived in Wuhan in 1985 there were very few westerners even thought the city has a population of over 10 million. Wherever I went I gathered a crowd of curious (but friendly) people. I was told by the folks I was traveling with that I would be treated like a zoo animal. It was a strange experience. These kids were cute, smile and they smile back.
I only scared one child who told her mom that I was a Gweilo.


These transparencies were scanned using a Epson Perfection V500 photo scanner
Resolution set to 400 DPI
Target Size 4 x 6 Inches (2399 X 1599 Pixels)
JPEG Compression at 15% (High Quality)
DIGITAL ICE Technology