Friday, September 20, 2013

Daily Photo Theme - Food Friday (Guest Photographer)

When I created this blog, I did so as a vehicle to share my own photos. That seems a bit self serving especially when I have some really talented (photo composition) kids and family members.

I'm old school, carrying around a 3 pound digital SLR, however lately it has been a Mirrorless Olympus micro 4/3 camera with removable lens. My kids however have mobile phones always in their hands. I lament they don't post the photos on a site other than Facebook, but that is is the way it is.

I am amazed at the quality of the photos, and I've decided to feature some of them on this blog. I've made minimal edits to the shots, mostly adjusting exposure and some cropping to level horizons but mostly the photos are unaltered.

I decided to relate them to the daily photo themes when it matched. It's hard to judge dates and locations since Facebook strips that information off for their own nefarious reasons.

My daughter lives in Boston, which is treasure for photographers and we'll start with her photos taken with an iPhone4S

.
How great it is to have a plate of oysters on ice with lemon and sauce
Boston, MA
Photo Credit - Emily Poltrack