Daily Photo Theme - Floral Friday

I've decided to try something a little different for today's photo theme Floral Friday. I have so many flower photos that I've selected just ones of a single color. The choice today is purple which does have a dedicated theme page called the Purple Circle.

A new addition to my garden. Clematis almost looks artificial doesn't it?

I have so many photos of crocus and I understand why. After a New Hampshire winter, it's wonderful to see any signs of color. The first ones to emerge are some small orange ones followed by these reliables. At some point I need to plant some autumn crocus - Colchicum autumnale.

A water hyacinth, Eichhornia  is an interesting aquatic plant with an extensive filtering root system. The roots have a distinct purplish hue which I have tried to no avail to photograph. It is an invasive species in the south but is sold here as an ornamental for ponds. I usually place one in a bird bath.

Orchid at the Mason Hollow Nursery greenhouse. The nursery specializes in Hostas and other interesting varieties.
They have an open house July 13-14, 2013

I spend a lot of time trying to get a good photo of bees and butterflies. Tricky to do since they move around so much. I could have used this photo on Thursday for Bee Thursday , another photo theme. 

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on a lilac bush here in New Hampshire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look What I Saw at the Dump

National Housing Emergency, 1946-1947

The Samuel Tarbell-Ames House