Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daily Photo Theme - Door Sunday

My Mother made the observation that I have many photos of doors and windows. They have been a photo subject of mine for some time. Both are Google+ photo theme categories, DoorSunday and #WindowWednesday. I've dug into the film archives for a pair of contrasting photos.

I suspect that this scanned slide was taken in California in the early 1970s. I wish I had taken notes about the photos and the dates they were taken. This is another reason I don't get nostalgic about film photography.

The front door of the Rosicrucian Museum in San Jose (scanned slide).

As a kid I was intrigued by the Rosicrucian advertisements in magazines like Popular Mechanics. When I got a chance to visit, I couldn't resist. I'm happy to report that the AMORC is still active.

This photo gave me the opportunity to experiment with one of the new features of Lightroom 5 in the lens correction area of develop. I now have greater flexibility in correcting perspective views which is very handy for architectural shots taken with wide angle lens. See original below.

With Lightroom 5 I was able to straighten the vertical lines. I also used it to remove the blemish on the transparency.